Ely Mind Coaching & Hypnotherapy
Hypnotherapy, Hypnosis & NLP in Ely,
Newmarket & Cambridge
According to some estimates 30-50% of the population suffer from insomnia – that’s a lot of people lying awake at night! And that means a lot of tired, irritable, miserable people during the day.
There are some things you can easily do which may help you get a better night’s sleep such as avoiding caffeine and alcohol late at night, keeping work out of the bedroom and making sure the lights and temperature of the room are right.
They also say you should never go to bed with your worries – for some people that’s easier said than done. We’ve all had those long nights where we lie awake thinking over something that happened that day that still bothers us, or thinking ahead to what may be in store tomorrow. It can even bother us that much that we wake in the night (after finally getting to sleep) and wake exhausted.
Here’s a simple process I like to use whenever I want to leave things to one side and get a good night’s sleep:
- Imagine you have a worry bag for keeping all your worries safe in one place – you can decide what your own bag looks and feels like.
- Hold the worry bag close to your mouth and slowly say each of your worries into it one at a time (you can whisper them if you don’t want anyone to hear!). Make sure each one goes right inside the bag and stays there. You may start to notice that your bag fills up and it may start to get heavier.
- When you think you’ve put all your worries in the bag, just pause for ten seconds and check if another one pops up. If it does, put it in the bag.
- When all your worries are in the bag, picture tying a great big, tight knot in the bag so you can be sure you are keeping all your worries nice and safe. Then put the bag down by the side of your bed so you know where it is.
- Knowing that all your worries will still be there for you, allow your mind to start to relax (you may want to play a nice relaxing hypnosis CD to help you).
- In the morning the choice is yours – leave the bag where it is and go on your way or open it up and take all your worries back with you.
Free 30 minute initial consultation so you can find out more before deciding how right hypnotherapy for insomnia is for you.
Hypnotherapy in Ely for insomnia: call 01353 664476 to book a hynotherapy appointment at Ely Complementary Helath Centre.
Hypnotherapy in Newmarket for insomnia: call 01638 669933 to book a hypnotherapy session at White Tara Complementary Health Centre in Newmarket.
Ely Mind Coaching & Hypnotherapy: Successful hypnotherapy for insomnia in Ely & Newmarket.